2018 Learn to Sail Series
Our 3 day Introduction to Sailing courses are held regularly at BISC from 0900 to 1500. (Subject to demand).
The course is open to both juniors and adults and is a 3 day course.
Learn to Sail Series 2
Day 1 : Saturday Sept 8th
Day 2 : Sunday Sept 9thDay 3: Race – Mission Point Sept 16th
Please contact the club if you would like to join us in an introduction to sailing
email@example.com or phone 0490 471 930
Days 1 and 2
- 9.00am introductory Learn to Sail on land
- 11.00 am introductory Learn to Sail on Pumicestone passage
- 1.00pm introductory Learn to Sail on Pumicestone passage
- 3.00pm Return to club and finish.
- Crew on a BISC Club boat during one of our regular races on Pumicestone Passage or Deception Bay
- Participate in rigging a craft for racing
- Racing skills, wind, tide, sail deployment
- Derigging and looking after your craft
Trainees will learn;
- The theory for sailing (Booklet supplied)
- How to rig a sailing dinghy
- How to tie essential knots
- How to sail with on water supervised tuition by our club’s instructors using the club’s training vessels
After trainees have completed the introductory Learn to Sail course, and become members, they are able to;
- Continue training by crewing in regular club sailing events.
- Be placed on the club’s crew list for the club’s skippers to contact if they require crew
- Sail the club’s Status 580’s at minimal cost for personal sailing on the Passage. (After competency test)
These courses are subject to change without notice.
What to Bring on Learn to Sail Day
- Water to drink – Enough for the day and to take out on the boats
- Munchies to nibble on during the sail if you wish
- Shoes with non slip soles
- Sun Screen
- Broad Brimmed hat with chinstrap or cap (with a lanyard to pin your cap to your shirt)
- Long sleeve Shirt
- Fingerless gloved are helpful but not essential
- Did I mention WATER 🙂