In the event that the Bureau of Meteorology issues a “Strong Wind Warning” for Moreton Bay no sailing activities are to take place on Moreton Bay or Pumicestone Passage.
Instructors and Race Officers shall check www.bom.gov.au before beginning any scheduled activities and cancel the activities if required. Should the winds on the Northern Bay be forecast more than 25kts no racing in Deception Bay or Pumicestone races will be held and will be postponed to a re-scheduled date.
“Learn to Sail” and “Discover Sailing” will not be held in any of the BIYC club vessels should the forecast winds be greater than 15kts.
BOM website should be monitored in the clubhouse and any changes in the warning status should be notified to the on-the-water crews via radio and/or via SMS.